Andrew is a co-founder of Milestone. He was previously a Director at a major US investment bank where he specialised in the development of tax structured and tax enhanced derivative products and solutions.
Andrew also has extensive experience in the international tax aspects of mergers, acquisitions, disposals and corporate restructuring. During an eight-year career at PwC in London and New Zealand he advised on several headline acquisition, exit and funding structures for private equity clients.
Andrew’s diverse client base includes owner-managed businesses, international investment funds, technology firms, commodity companies and heavy industry.
Recent transaction highlights:
- Structuring the $2bn acquisition of three oil refineries (two UK and one German) for a gas, oil and petroleum group
- Devising and implementing a tolling model for Swiss-based oil trading business
- Enabling a UK company that develop trading platform technology to deliver their services to banks in Japan, US, Hong Kong and Canada, whilst navigating associated PE risks and withholding tax exposure.
- Advising a £250mn turnover heavy industries group on global tax issues across UK, Russia, US, Germany, Spain and China. This included transfer pricing, asset disposals and intra-group debt consolidation
- Restructuring a Global PR firm from the Isle of Man to Lichtenstein, accounting for expansion into Latin America, enhancing asset protection and creating flexibility for the ultimate beneficial owner
Andrew is a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand and was admitted to the New Zealand bar in 1999.
He is on a life-long quest to find his limits, whether that’s in the mountains on skis, on a bike or a climbing rope. Andy’s day is not complete without an accompanying soundtrack.